Saturday 26 February 2011

The Fallen 1: The Fallen and Leviathan Review

The Fallen One: The Fallen and Leviathan by Thomas E Sniegoski

On his eighteenth birthday, Aaron begins to hear strange voices and is convinced he is going insane. But having moved from foster home to foster home, Aaron doesn't know whom he can trust. He wants to confide in the cute girl from class, but he's afraid she'll confirm he's crazy. Then a mysterious man begins following Aaron. He knows about Aaron's troubled past and his new powers. And he has a message for Aaron: As the son of a mortal and an angel, Aaron has been chosen to redeem the Fallen. Aaron tries to dismiss the news and resists his supernatural abilities. But he must accept his newfound heritage - and quickly. For the dark powers are gaining strength, and are hell-bent on destroying him...

I love books that have a male main character. It's so much more interesting for me, reading as they fight their greatest battles, fall in love and struggle to contain the power that's embedded in their soul. Yeah, I'm an equalitist but I sometimes like the chivalry saving the girl he loves thing. Specially if it's from his point of view, because the power behind it is so fascinating. Anyway I'm getting off subject

This book's main lead, Aaron was an interesting character. Barely eighteen, he gets the shock of his life. He's a nephilim. Not only that, but he is the bridge between the Fallen ones and their holy father. Woo for him.
His background and fear of this power he now has really struck a chord with me, and I felt so sorry for what he has to endure at the hands of his enemies and the boy he searches to save.

With an irritatingly holy then thou fallen angel Camael and his hilarious dog, who's voice really lightens up the book when darkness threatens to overcome it, by his side he must find the only brother he's ever known as a tribute to his foster parents.

I loved the trio of main characters. Adore them. They have the ability to crack me up, make me cry and want to hit someone at the same time! They are such an odd bunch brought together by a prophecy from a thousand years ago.

LOVE IT!

And, it's angels, nephilim etc. which I also love. I adore anything other worldly, which is why paranormal sucks me in.
The descriptions and characters are very dark and graphic. I would suggest that young or squemish readers take caution when reading this, as it could make them feel a bit icky.

Other then that, woooop great book and I can't wait to continue readng with The Fallen Two: Aerie and Reckoning.

For additional reviews see The Reading Room http://www.thereadingroom.com/

JB xx

No comments: