Sunday 6 February 2011

Airhead Trilogy Review

Airhead - Meg Cabot

"I know I look like Nikki Howard. And I know I sound like Nikki Howard. I realise that right now I am in Nikki Howard's loft and wearing her clothes while her dog is licking my face. But I am NOT Nikki Howard. Ok?"
Emerson Watts and Nikki Howard have absolutely nothing in common. Em's a tomboy-superbrain who couldn't care less about her looks. Nikki's a supermodel sensatation and the world's most famous airhead. But a freak accident causes the girls' lives to collide in the most extraordinary way...

This book really was escapism and what I was looking for. I needed a bit of light and fun, chick lit to refresh me from all the intensity I'd been feeling and absorbing from the books I'd been reading.
Em Watts is someone I could get along with, and this book kind of is a journey for her. She gets to experience being pretty and noticed by most people. It was great to see her working out who she was and how that seperated her from Nikki, even though it was Nikki's body!

NB - There may be spoilers, so be warned. You might just want to read the series now ^.^






Airhead: Being Nikki - Meg Cabot

I am Nikki Howard now. Em Watts is dead...
Teen-supermodel NIkki Howard has a secret. She's not the gorgeous golden airhead she seems - on the inside she's someone else. Literally. Em Watts is stuck in the body of glamazon celebutante Nikki. And it's not easy. Especially when Nikki's past is about to catch up with her, her boss is spying on her, and Em's heart wants one thing but her lips keep kissing someone else . . .

The chick lit, light fluffy, glamourous thriller of Meg Cabot's fabulous making is continuing and getting better! Not only has Em discovered there's a secret her boss is hiding, but Christopher, the love of her life, is finally taking notice. But only because he wants something. Is he the super bad villian, which is the image he gives off? Or is he protecting his heart...again? Then Nikki Howard's brother turns up out of the blue with a tale of a missing mother, is there ever any peace for the supermodel Nikki/Em? Definately not as they start trying to figure out her boss's secret, try to find Nikki's mother and fight to save Christopher's 'soul'. What they don't realise...is it's all connected!

Airhead: Runaway - Meg Cabout

Em Watts needs to get away - fast. But when all you're wearin is a diamond bikini, there aren't many places to hide...
Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from her family and from herself. She's reeling from the shock that Nikki, the girl whose body her brain was forced to inhabit, is still alive. And she's furious. Manipulative Brandon plans to use Em to discover a secret that will ensure his success, whilst Christopher is out for revenge, fuelled by his jealousy. With everyone around her playing a dangerous game, maybe Em should just keep on running . . .


The glamurous chick lit thriller finishes the trilogy here, and it's amazing. Not only is the secret discovered, but Christopher has a chance of being saved and Nikki's mother might be found. It was an amazing series, full of laughs and shocks. Twists and turns I'd never expected and travelling on this journey with Em as she learnt to be comfortable in someone else's skin!
I adored it and was quite sad when it ended, the charactors were developed beautifully and I wanted to read all the Meg Cabot books I owned again after this trilogy! What an great idea, amazingly written and thoroughly enjoyed!

I really suggest you read this for a bit of a laugh at the amazing charactors as you are sucked into the story of thrills, chills and good old romance!

For additional reviews see The Reading Room http://www.thereadingroom.com/
JB xx

No comments: