Saturday 26 February 2011

Something Like Fate Review

Something Like Fate - Susanne Colasanti

'What if your soul mate is...your best friend's boyfriend?'
Lani and Erin are lifelong best friends - and total opposites. Lani's a down-to-earth Taurus and Erin's a fiery Leo. Lani like to do her own thing; Erin prefers an entourage. They've always had wildly different tastes, from pizza toppings to guys.
That is, until Erin starts dating Jason.
From the minute Lani meets Jason, she can't deny the amazing connection she feels with him. It's like they've known each other their whole lives. She's not sure if he feels it, too - but even if he does, he's off limits..
Lani's determined to ignore her feelings for Jason, no matter how powerful they are, rather than hurt her best friend.
Then Erin goes away for the summer - amd Jason seems to appear everywhere Lano turns. How long can she keep running from the guy who just might be the love of her life?

A book filled with teenage angst! It killed me, but I totally agreed with the end result!! They made the right choice!
It was such an interesting book, Lani and Erin were joined together by something more powerful then either of them, and were lifelong best friends. A boy coming between them, would have instantly made me think, pah...leave him and have each other. But throughout this book I found myself sympathetically learning towards the Jason and Lani route. They were PERFECT for each other.

Anyway. The conflict within the book was great, and Susanne had potrayed life at school as a teenager perfectly, maybe slightly exaggerated it but all in the name of a good story.

Loved this book, and it could be a great help for anyone in the situation.

The characters were great, Jason at first made my skin crawl, but he grew on me. And I could see so much of myself in Lani, I'm a Taurus too don't ya know! It was such a good read and gave me a break from all the intensity of the paranormal romances I've been reading at the moment!

For additional reviews see The Reading Room http://www.thereadingroom.com/

JB xx

No comments: