Saturday 26 February 2011

Raised by Wolves review

Raised by Wolves - Jennifer Lynn Barnes

He's in a cage, I reminded myself, but the words meant nothing to me, because I just couldn't stop staring into his wild eyes and playing the last words he'd said before he shifted, over and over again.
I got bit
I got bit
I got bit

At the age of four, Bryn watched a rabid werewolf brutally murder her parents. She was rescued and taken in by the mysterious Callum, the alpha of his pack. Now fifteen, Bryn's been a human among werewolves, adhering to pack rule.
But the pack's been keeping a secret, and when Bryn goes exploring against Callum's orders, she finds Chase, a newly turned teen Were locked in a cage. Bryn needs answers, and she needs Chase to get them. Suddenly it's Bryn and Chase against the werewolf world, whatever the consquences.

I adored this book. Chase and Bryn = amazing and the twist that brought them together totally shocked me stupid.
I adored them as a couple. Although in a way it was quite odd, that they were a couple, after so little time together. It could be seen as unrealistic, but it fit with the world Jennifer had made when she wrote the book

Loved the ending, absolutely loved it. She triumphs over all. Yipee!

It was a great descriptive piece of writing and I really enjoyed meeting all the characters, like Ali, Lake, Devon, Katie and Alex.

Can't really say much more about it without ruining the storyline...sorry!!

For additional reviews see The Reading Room http://www.thereadingroom.com/

JB xx

No comments: