Saturday 26 February 2011

Claire De Lune Review

Claire de Lune Christine Johnson

Hanover Falls hasn't had a werewolf problem in over one hundred years. But when people suddenly start dying in Claire Benoit's town, panic spreads fast. At Claire's sixteenth birthday party, the gruesome killings are all anyone can talk about. Claire, however, is more interested in the fact that the gorgeous Matthew Engle keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf. As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever...

It was a very obvious plot line, I knew as soon as I started reading it what was going to happen, and who the rogue werewolf's human identity was, along with the ploy of another character acting oddly, trying to pull you off the scent of the real rogue werewolf.

It was a nice read, fairly fast paced and something that I enjoyed, it just didn't make me want to sit and read it all in one day or that I had to stay up past midnight because I literally couldn't put it down.

The characters were well though out and the descriptions plenty and I really enjoyed the powerful, independent female angle this had. I am an independent women, all about equality and the shizz, and I really enjoyed having that potrayed in a set of characters, who for once, don't need a super strong male to protect them, in fact, they protect the male lead in this fabulous twist of paranormal werewolf fabulousness.

As I said, very obvious plot line but it didn't stop me enjoying it.

For additional reviews see The Reading Room http://www.thereadingroom.com/

JB xx

No comments: