Thursday 14 April 2011

My Impressive TBR pile!

I had a great Christmas, as you know, I was ill, but really got back into blogging during that period. I have a very guilty grandfather though, one who throws money at us during brithdays and Christmases. Because of this, I am STILL working my way through the huuugeeee box of books I recieved over this fabulous holiday!
And because I have been bogged down with books I had chosen, I have neglected my library recently (they miss me!) and I have built up an alarmingly large wishlist on Amazon :-/ bad times. But oh well. I am enjoying myself far to much! (and it's my birthday soon; and I hope to clear some of my Amazon wishlist...but that means I have even more of a TBR pile!)

Here are the books I have waiting on my shelf at home:
Gallagher Girls Series - Ally Carter
I have books one and two of this series, and I am itching to read them, and buy the next ones because it looks like a thrilling series that I would really enjoy...a female version of Alex Rider (who I ADORE btw)

Matched - Ally Condie
This looks AMAZING too, and I can't wait to read it, and get my hands on the sequel (Crossed) asap!



Night World Series - L. J Smith

I am uber excited to read this series, hopefully it'll be as good as her previous books, which I love!

I'm now onto the wonderful list I have compiled of books I will be getting from my fabulous library as soon as I have a spare moment! Most of them are classics, but I am feeling the need to widen my reading palete before I embark on A-Level English Literature!

Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine
I have seen the film, with Anne Hathaway in it, but would quite like to read the book. I still have a thing for fairy tales, even at my age...sue me!


The Bride Quartet Series - Nora Roberts
I am a sucker for romance novels...and these ones just reel me in even further, because they are about people who actually work in the Wedding Industry (I want to work in this industry) falling in love and having their own wedding! YEY!


The Decoy Princess and Princess At Sea - Dawn Cook
These books just sound like a good read. A fake princess, who probably is trained to fight, and it's quite old...so that means any romance will be absolutely charming!!

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
I have seen the film, (with Kiera Knightly....Colin Firth's dramatic version leaves me cold) and would love to see if I can understand it better if I read the book. I have also recently started the series 'I was Jane Austen's Best Friend' by Cora Harrison which just makes me want to gobble Jane Austen books up at a rate to fast to notice!


Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen.
Seen the film, LOVED IT and understood it...so I thought I'd read the book, just to say that I have!


Vanity Fair - William Thackeray
I haven't seen the film for this...but the book was recommended by a good friend of mine, so I thought I'd give it a try!


The Princess Bride - William Goldman
I watched the film, and LOVED IT! It probably isn't the best film around, at all. But I could not look away and thoroughly enjoyed it! It was funny, romantic, thrilling and a little bit unrealistic. A very good escapism film, so I thought I'd read where the magic started. Hopefully I will enjoy it just as much as the film!

Stardust - Neil Gaiman
Not only does his name make me chuckle immaturely to myself, but I've seen the film. It has become my 'ill film' which is a film I watch when I'm ill, and always makes me feel better...just in case you were thick and couldn't work it out :-P Hopefully I'll enjoy the book as much as the film


Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Apprantly one of the must read classics...and in my quest to broaden my reading history, I plan on reading this. I have absolutely no idea what it's about...but I managed to get through Wuthering Heights (which is by Charlotte's younger sister, Emily Bronte) and this is supposedly better so I will give it a go!

Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
Apprantly another classic must read, and by the looks of the cover, a romantic one! Hopefully it'll hit the right spot and become a favourite romance novel, but we shall see!

That's my complete TBR pile at the moment, with three more additions which you can see in the next Meme I am posting straight after this, called In My Mailbox!

Yours In Literature
JB xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are amazing =)

Confessions Of A Teenager said...

Aww thanks, that's so sweet :)