Wednesday 20 April 2011

I was Jane Austen's Best Friend

I was Jane Austen's Best Friend - Cora Harrison



'Jane says that if I am to be the heroine of this story, something will throw a hero in my way'
Meet Jenny Cooper: shy, pretty cousin of clever, sparky Jane Austen (who has lots of handsome brothers and a vivid imagination)

When Jenny goes to live with the Austens, she knows nothing of the world of beautiful dresses, dances, secrets, gossip and romance that Jane inhabits. But when Jenny falls hopelessly in love, who better Jane than to help her win the heart of this most eligible man?

OMNOM. I loved this book. It was deliciously refreshing to read after all the paranormal genre I have gobbled up recently.

It swept me back in time to the 1790's British society, fancy skirts, young love and dashing gentlemen as I became one of the gang in the Austen household (or so it felt like it!)

It was a delicious combination of historical fact and fiction that was based on the relationship of a teenage Jane Austen and her teenage cousin Jenny Cooper, and I fell in love with the blurb!

The characters are so amazingly realistic I honestly felt that I was stood right in the middle of the action, for the whole time! Yummy!

It is a fabulous book, and you should ALL read it.
And what a lucky girl I am...since it's my birthday tomorrow, and I know for a fact that my lovely, and long suffering, boyfriend has bought me the sequel...so I can chomp that down as soon as I rip the wrapping paper off and then be back to review the continued fabulousness for you!

I love the holidays!
JB xx

No comments: