Thursday 14 April 2011

In My Mailbox #1

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie that encourages bloggers to share the books they received in their mail, bought, borrowed, or swapped.

Firstly, I have a new addition to my I WANT SO BAD, from the library pile!
As you can see, it is Jenna & Jonah's fauxmance - Emily Franklin & Brendan Halpin. I decided I wanted to give this a go when I read the review from my lovely friend at Love Reading X and her review on it can be seen here

Now, as I said, I have a huge TBR pile, which stops me using my school and local library for a while, (although I do still visit just so they don't forget what I look like) but this huge TBR pile does NOT stop me from being sucked into a black hole when I visit bookstores. I have an addiction, I'm sure of it.

Bought
To Marry a Prince - Sophie Page
Ever since Will and Kate announced their engagement, there has been a flurry of romance novels about normal girls marrying princes, and I'm a sucker for both those, so adding them together just means I'm sold. So I bought one, when I was browsing (naughtily...I shouldn't have browsed, it always leads to buying!!) and I can't wait to read it, it'll be a nice change from all the paranormal I seem to be devouring recently.
 
Evercrossed - Elizabeth Chandler
I read the Kissed by an Angel book in three days, and was gripping the pages. Chandler was such a great author! Had be guessing right up until the last moment who it was, and how they did it and what they were going to do next! So when I found she had another additional book to the Ivy and Tristan series, I grabbed it when I found it, marched to the till, payed and was out the shop before my bank balance could protest....I'm overtaken with guilt as I write this, because I just bought another three books off Amazon...but shhh, it's my birthday soon, I should get some pennies then!


Sisters Red - Jackson Pierce
I have wanted to read this since it came out, so when I found it, quite cheap in ASDA I made another snap decision...still feel guilty!! Hopefully it'll be so good, I won't regret buying it!!
I have ordered another three books from Amazon, the next three in the Secrets at St Jude's series, since I already have the first two...so I like a complete series, sue me! I hope they will be worth it as well, because I'm overcome with the guilt of buying them! ARGH I don't have enough time or space to have the books I want :'(
Ahh well, I'll deal.
Keep reading the reviews, and I promise to keep bringing them to you!
JB xx

2 comments:

iffath said...

Aw, I love that you decided to read Jenna and Jonah after reading my review! Hope you enjoy it!!

Evercrossed and Sisters Red are totally awesome :)

Happy reading! x

Confessions Of A Teenager said...

Your reviews are AMAZING Iffath my dear!
I have frequently gone out and bought a book because you reviewed it and enjoyed it!

Ah good good! x