Wednesday 13 April 2011

After centuries of torment and pain, she has one chance to live and love again, what would you choose?

Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel

For 500 years Lenah Beaudonte has been a vampire. 500 years of seduction, blood and destruction. But she is sickened by her dark powers – and longs to feel the sun on her skin, grass under her bare feet, and share the breath of a human kiss. She wants to be mortal again. But is she really capable of being human, after her long years of darkness? Waking up as a sixteen-year-old girl brings Lenah many things – the life she has missed, taste, touch, love. But a vampire soul is not easily shed. And her coven – the four vampires she led in decadence and thrilling destruction – want their queen back . . .


I adore this book. It is amazing.
Not only does it put a whole twist on paranormal and vampiredom, by turning it upside down and inside out but it just makes me enjoy simple human things. Recently, I have become a tad obsessed with paranormal romance, and I've read so many of them I can now predict what will happen with most of them in the first few pages, (thankfully my favourites are the ones that I can't do that!) and I have just forgotten generally that there are other books, classics that I haven't read yet, and chick lit that I want to suck up like a hoover. I cannot wait for my exams to be over, and my summer to truly begin. I can sleep all day, then go sit in the garden with a light and read all night! I literally do become a vampire in summer, no lie!

Anyway, back on to subject!

I liked this book because the story was different, the plot was interesting and it left me guessing what was going to happen, and the ending just left me completely shocked! How can there be a sequel after that kind of ending?!?!?! I'm glad there is a sequel but still!

The characters were easy to relate to, very VERY realistic and I enjoyed the depth they had and the way the worked together as a whole cast of people.

I honestly cannot wait for the sequel and whatever else RM will be writing, because I find her imagination fascinating!!

Keep reading!
JB xx

No comments: