Sunday 30 January 2011

Review on The Medusa Project: The Set-Up

Fourteen years ago, scientist William Fox implanted four babies with the Medusa gene – a gene for psychic abilities. But Fox died and the babies were hidden away for years. Now the children are teenagers – and unaware that their psychic powers are about to kick in. Cocky, charismatic Nico thinks his emerging telekinetic abilities will bring him money, power and the girl of his dreams. He’s about to find out just how wrong he is…

I got this free with a magazine yonks and yonks ago, and hadn't read it yet because there was no blurb to tell me whether I would be interested in it or not. After christmas (where I gained a crate of books) I had been reading non-stop to bring my TBR pile down, and I found this book crushed at the back of my bookcase, smushed in between The Princess Diaries and The Twins of St Claire's, (long long time since I've read those!) so I thought what the heck, I have never not finished a book before, so if I have it, I WILL read it!

And so I did. I was pleasantly surprised at the pace and storyline of the book! I really enjoyed it! And couldn't wait to continue with the next in the series, as they reminded me of Alex Rider Series.

It was a mixture of spies and government employing young teens, to a group of physic teens saving the world....it was great! Obviously an escapism book, not one of my favourites of all time, but an enjoyable read!

The characters were well though out and you can really understand why they are the way they are, and you are with them throughout their journey of developing just a little bit in the first book! It is escapism fiction at it's best!

I cannot appluad Sophie McKenzie enough for finding something that fits both in action and paranormal genres, that will entice teenagers into reading for a long time in the future!

So if you are like me, and crushed a book to the back of your bookcase, saying you'll read it 'later' pull it back out and sit down to read because you may be pleasantly surprised!

For additional reviews see The Reading Room http://www.thereadingroom.com/

JB xx

No comments: