Friday 6 May 2011

BR - Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend

Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend - Cora Harrison


"A little mystery is so becoming in a hero, don't you think?

Jenny Cooper has found her hero, thanks to her cousin, Jane Austen (who considers herself an expert in affairs of the heart). Now it's Jane's turn to fall in love, and there are plenty of dances, rumours, scandals and eligable gentlemen to entertain two teenage girls in search of adventure. But a good reputation, once lost, is gone forever; and Jane is in danger of becoming the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons.

As usual, once I fall in love with book number one, as soon as the sequel comes out it's mine. I adored being back with the Austen's in this new story set in Bath. It was nice to meet their extended family, go to dances in fabulous ballgowns alongside Jane and Jenny, pull them through the bad times by turning the pages and laughing with the good times.

Many a time my heart dropped in my chest, or I laughed out loud. It is an enthralling book, that completely sucks me into the pages as I journey through the story with Jenny, Jane and the Austens. I've fallen in love with every single one of Jane's brothers, wanted Captain Thomas Williams so badly I ached, and giggled along with Couzin Eliza.

The characters are so well developed you feel like they are standing right in front of you, and the story is a delicious mix of fact and fiction.....just enough fact to make you think ooooooooh, it could of happened!

As usual, Cora's writing style leaves me nothing to complain about and all the more to gush about! I adore this series, and really believe it is so brilliant. I read it to give me a break from the intensity of paranormal romances...it was just as intense but in a different way!

If you are craving a book, please read this series..absolutely amazing!

Yours in Literature
JB xx

No comments: