Sunday 29 May 2011

BR - Pretty Twisted

Pretty Twisted - Gina Blaxill


Not only did I get this book from MKB, but I also won the competition to interview Gina Blaxill!!! SO I will be posting the interview with the lovely lady herself, on this blog, as soon as I get it done!
'Two different stories.
One missing girl.
Who would you trust?'

'As the train entered the tunnel, it struck me just how biazarre this all was. It could be a chick-flick tag line: "girl likes boy but keeps it hidden as she helps boy search for the girl he loves"'

Ros met Jono online just a couple of weeks ago. Now Jono's beautiful ex-girlfriend has disappeared without a trace...and disturbing evidence is coming to light. So Ros agrees to help him search for her - but she is hiding a secret of her own.
This is only the beginning.
This story is about to get PRETTY TWISTED

I opened the book, to the first page and instantly was sucked in. I really enjoyed the concept of this book, and how it played out realistically. I enjoyed the refreshing style that Gina wrote with, and that she gave both her main characters a chance to show us what they thought. Their two voices were so different you could NOT get confused with who's point of view it was.

This story was quite a gentle thriller, really suited to teenager readers and perfect for people looking for something that doesn't end with the boy getting the girl and everything being happily ever after!

I was enthused by this book, to try and keep out of the paranormal romance genre that takes over my bookcase at the moment and try some different books. And so far, it's going really well.

I loved this book. It was exciting and a real page turner, written with a great technique and natural flow of words. It kept you wondering right up until Gina wanted to reveal everything, which she did wonderfully. Every loose end was wound up, which is good, because I hate loose ends...they irritate me beyond belief haha!

You should really go out and read this fantastic book!

JB xx

No comments: