Thursday 12 April 2012

For Anya, Love will become a life or death choice...

BR - All These Things I've Done - Gabrielle Zevin

New York 2082. When Anya is arrested for attempted murder, the District Attorney offers her a choice: stay away from his son or watch helplessly as he destroys her family. It should be a straightforward decision. Except that the DA's son is the boy Anya loves, and her family is at the dark heart of the city's criminal underworld.
Anya must choose between love and loyalty, knowing that whatever she decides will have shattering consequences: heartbreak or a gangland war that will tear the city apart.


Ohmygoodness. What a choice eh Anya?

It was a classic star crossed lovers tale, parents trying to keep two crazy kids from two seperate worlds apart. It was a great plot, kept me interested, so interested in fact that I read it in a day! It was easy to read, and I enjoyed Anya's narration, was easy to connect with which allowed me to go into the story even deeper.
The love interest, in my opinion, wasn't up to much, He was a bit average. At times there was a flash of brillance and he was fab, but then all the rest of the times I didn't find him engaging BUT the host of supporting characters made up for that. I loved them all, especially the ones involved in the family 'business'. Well all but one, but I can't tell you who or why because it will spoil the plot!

Great book, fabulous writing style and wonderful characters, but the ending...well! All I can say is thank god it is a trilogy!!!!!

Go out, buy it, read it, love it.
JB xxx

1 comment:

Connie said...

Heres my review:

All These Things I've Done is a book that I wouldn't normally read but it was very good! I liked the fact it was set in the future and the world they lived in was interesting. There's a lot of things that Gabrielle puts into her story that captured my attention. Chocolate is illegal and water is rationed which I personally could not live with! Anya Balanchine, she is honest. I was with her every step of the way. And even through I didn’t get a chance to meet her father, he seemed like a wise man(even though he was a notorious crime boss.)