Wednesday 1 June 2011

My Book Boyfriend #5



My Book Boyfriend is a weekly Meme, hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader I will be taking part in this Meme (hopefully) every Wednesday where I will lust over my literary crush, who I would love to be part of my life. If possible, I will include the lucky boy's stats and some quotes. I will definately be including a picture of how I imagine he looks like and reasons why I love him.

Today's literary crush is Lucas Delos, because he isn't a demigod, he's a sexy demigod :-D
Lucas is the MC from the recent fabulous book STARCROSSED that I suggest you all go out and buy like NOW. Read my review here!

Stats:
  • He was tall, over six feet at least, and powerfully built, although his muslces were long and lean instead of bulky
  • He had short black hair and a dark end of summer tan that brought out his white smile and his swimming-pool blue eyes
Favourite Quotes :-D

"Lucas was holding her by the wrists to keep her hands away from his neck. she realized. They were locked in a stalemate, and if she could get her fingers half an inch closer, she could reach his throat."

"She lowered her shoulder and closed the distance between them, barrelling into his chest and tumbling on to the ground with him under her. She reared up to drive her fist into his face, but he grabbed her arms. She was on top and should have had the upper hand, but she had never hit anything and she could tell from the way he never wasted a movement that he had been fighting his entire life. Helen felt him do something with his hips and then he was on top. Her arms were pinned above her head and her heels were left to scrape uselessly at the ground."

"She tried to bite his face, but he jerked his head away.
'Lie still or I will kill you,' Lucas warned through gritted teeth. He was panting, not because he was winded, but because he was trying to control himself"


"There was a delivery boy at the door with bags and bags of groceries.
'He says these are for you,' Jerry said, holding out a note with Helen's name on it.
'I didn't order these,' Helen said to the delivery boy. *blah blah blah*
Helen read the note.

'Miss Hamilton
I am so sorry for my son's appalling behaviour towards you at the market today, and I ask that you accept these few things I've sent, even if you are unable to accept an apology, I understand what it is to try to put dinner on the table with no groceries, although apparently my Lucas does not.
Noel Delos'
"


"Are you two dating?' he asked in a terrified voice. Helen burst out laughing. 'No we're not dating. What we're doing is trying to not kill each other. And it isn't working out too well'"

"I guess Lucas and Hector got into an actual fistfight after school yesterday at football practice. That's why they weren't in school today. They got suspended.'
'What happened?' Helen asked, stunned quiet
'Lucas saw Hector following you out of the girl's locker room and he lost it. He started yelling at Hector to stay away from you. I guess Lucas sort of said...that you were his,' Claire said timidly. Helen shook her head. Lucas had meant that Helen was his to kill, but she couldn't exactly explain that to Claire.

I can't be bothered to write this quote but I absolutely loved it (it's too long!) so check out page 180 to 181. From line 16 on page 180 to line 14 on page 181

"She tried to stand back up, but as soon as she did, she was thrown down again as something fell from the sky and landed violently on top of Hector. Lucas had rammed into Hector from above, driving his cousing two feet into the ground before he reared back on his knees to hit him *blah blah blah* Lucas blinked and looked up at Helen
'He was trying to kill you,' Lucas lowered his raised fist."


"You can still do that? Stop blades?,' Claire asked, unsuprised. 'What about the lightening thing? Can you still do that too?'
'How do you know all this about me?' Helen sputtered.
Claire sighed.
'After I pushed you off the roof...' she began.
'After you what?' Lucas yelled
'It was when we were seven! And she wasn't hurt!' Claire yelled back."


And I am so hungry and exhausted I'm going to leave the quotes there haha!
Here are some pics of what I imagine Lucas to look like!




This is the model Nic, I found him kicking about somewhere, and decided he was my Lucas ;-)

Definately let me know who your Book Boyfriends are this week! Or girlfriends, if you're that way inclined!
JB xxx

No comments: